Our privacy commitment
The website, www.sewsian.com is owned and operated by Sew Sian. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you. We only share your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. You may contact Sew Sian at any time with any privacy questions or concerns and to see the personal information you have given us and request correction.
Information about you
When you register to purchase products through www.sewsian.com we ask for information such as your name, email address, postal address, and contact details. Sewsian.com will then keep a record of this information.
We keep a record of any email correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems or concerns you’ve had with any of our products on the website.
If you contact www.sewsian.com by telephone, we may record, store and use that call for future training or business purposes. This includes, without limitation, use for the purpose of dispute resolution and/or complaints management.
We’ll also ask you questions at registration, and from time to time by email, that will give us information that will be used to improve your experience of shopping at www.sewsian.com. You do not have to answer these questions, but if you do we can communicate with you in a more relevant way.
If you would like to revise the information you have provided to us because you feel that what we currently have on record is incorrect, and/or you would like your information erased from our records, you can so do by contacting us in accordance with the information provided at ‘further information’ below.
How we use your personal data
All the information we collect via our site or through correspondence (including telephone calls) with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Processing your order.
- Planning and managing www.sewsian.com’s business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, success fo advertisements and push notifications and product and style preferences of our customers.
- Technical administration of our website.
- Providing you with information about the services we offer.
- Letting you know about offers and news from www.sewsian.com.
- Letting you know about offers, news and products from partner stores on our site.
- We may make your name and email address available to companies in order to advertise and market our services to you through other platforms on the internet (e.g. Facebook).
During your registration process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details.
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
- When we instruct agents, contractors or third party service providers to provide business operations support (including advertising and marketing advice and support), financial services and technology services. Please note that these third parties are under contract, and our service agreements dictate that they only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our service, and our partners’ products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
Managing your orders
We may monitor your orders for the purposes of ensuring that your orders are managed appropriately and in accordance with the terms and conditions we have in place.
Data over the internet
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at www.sewsian.com, you’re agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
How we protect information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment.
Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transations such as payments.
We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers.
Only employees and any third party service providers (such as PayPay) who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How you can help us protect your information
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive any further email messages, post or other communications from us or you no longer wish to be contacted by other companies who you permitted us to provide your details to then please change your communication preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to www.sewsian.com using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
Please note: to make full use of www.sewsian.com and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The www.sewsian.com website (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
- The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.